TGPX is also available in a Server Edition. This version of the software has all of the same features and is licensed the same way as the standard edition, however instead
of being able to only generate TGP pages for the site where it is installed, the Server Edition can also generate TGP pages for any of the other sites hosted on the same server.
For more information, please see the TGPX Server Edition FAQ
- Unix or Linux based server
- PHP 4.3.0+
- MySQL 4.0.4+
(but highly recommended)
- PHP open_basedir no restrictions
- PHP GD extension
- PHP safe_mode disabled
- PHP shell_exec() function available
- PHP CLI version installed
- PHP cURL extension
- ImageMagick installed on server
- Firefox 2+
- Internet Explorer 7+
- A VPS or dedicated server is recommended for the Server Edition or if you will be managing a large database of galleries (25,000+) or TGP pages (500+)
TGPX Product Overview
TGPX takes the best features from the wildly popular AutoGallery SQL and TGP Rotator scripts that came before it, and merges them into one
fantastic product. If you are thinking about starting up a TGP site or need a better TGP script to manage your current TGP site, TGPX is an
outstanding choice. Whether you want to accept gallery submissions from other webmasters, use only galleries that you supply, or a combination
of both, TGPX can handle the task. TGPX is full of features that allow you to efficiently manage your TGP site.
Be sure to have a look at the huge feature list to get an idea of what this software is capable of doing. All of these features are included in
the standard TGPX package. Why spend hundreds of dollars on other programs when you can get it all with TGPX for a fraction of the cost?
Fully Template Driven Output
End User Search Engine
TGPX includes an end-user search engine that your surfers will be able to use to quickly locate
galleries that meet their interests.
The search engine will index the gallery description and keywords assigned to the gallery (both
of which can be submitted with galleries by webmasters) to provide your users with the most relevent results.
You can also include the thumbnail preview images associated with each gallery in the search results.
The search engine utilizes a powerful boolean mode search syntax that can be used to refine
the search results. Your users will be able to search for specific words, exact phrases, partial
words, and perform both AND and OR style searches.
Powerful Control Panel Interface
The TGPX Administrative Control Panel interface is amazingly powerful and allows you to manage all aspects
of your TGP site through one web-based interface. All information is fully searchable so you can quickly
locate anything you are looking for. The control panel can also be used to edit nearly any piece of information
stored in the database. You can edit the galleries, partner accounts, categories, etc. as much as you like.
Complete Source Code Provided
When you purchase a license for TGPX you will have complete access to all of the software source code. There is no need to have Zend Optimizer, ionCube Loader, or other
PHP extensions installed on your server. This also gives you the option to customize the raw PHP code in case you want to tweak the existing features or add your own.
Web Based Thumbnail Cropping
TGPX features a quick and powerful web based thumbnail cropping interface that will allow you to create preview thumbnails for any
gallery in your database.
If you are allowing submissions from outside webmasters, you can also allow them to use this utility to
create a preview thumbnail for their galleries when they submit.
The cropping utility will allow you to select any portion of an image to
be used for the thumbnail preview. Take a look at this short screencast
to see how easy it is to
create great looking thumbnail previews for the galleries in your database.
On servers that have the ImageMagick command line tools installed and available, you can select to use them for the image cropping functions.
The software comes with some default settings to generate the highest quality thumbnails possible, but you can also tweak the ImageMagick settings
to meet your needs.
User Defined Database Fields
The software's user defined database fields feature allows you to store any additional information about galleries and partner accounts that you
like. There is no limit to the number of user defined database fields that you can have, so you can store any amount of extra data that you like.
You will also be able to configure validators for your user defined fields so they can be checked to meet a specific format when they are submitted
by end users.
For partner accounts you can configure user defined fields that only appear on the partner account request form or allow your partners to edit the
data in the field when they login to their account. For gallery submissions you can add extra fields to the gallery submission form if there is an
extra bit of data you want to collect. Any of the additional fields that you configure can be displayed on your TGP pages next to the associated
The partner account feature of TGPX allows you to setup special accounts for trusted webmasters so they can submit galleries to your TGP.
This is a great solution if you don't want to allow gallery submissions from the general public, but still want to allow specific webmasters
to submit galleries to your TGP. Each partner account can have it's own settings so you can control how many galleries they can submit and
what rules they must follow.
The software includes a partner account request interface so new webmasters can more easily ask you to create a partner account for them.
After a partner account has been created, there is also an interface they can use to manage their account and see all of the galleries
that are currently in the database which they have submitted.
Partner accounts can be time limited so that they become active and inactive on a specified set of dates. This offers you a great way to
increase your site revenue by offering paid partner accounts. You can setup a partner account to expire on a specific date automatically so
you don't have to manually disable account at a certain time.
Permanent & Submitted Galleries
TGPX was designed from the ground up to be as flexible as possible. If you've decided you want to setup a TGP site, but don't want to
allow other webmasters to submit galleries, no problem! With TGPX you can turn the gallery submission feature on or off at any time!
TGPX is a great choice even if you only want to rotate your own galleries or galleries from your sponsors. You can switch off gallery
submissions and fill the database with your sponsor galleries. Once you've got your template setup, TGPX can rotate those galleries
for you as long as you like.
If you decide later that you want to start accepting gallery submissions, you can turn them back on at any time. This change does not
require you to edit any PHP code or modify any template files, you simply modify a single setting through the TGPX web-based administrative
interface to enable or disable gallery submissions!
The permanent gallery feature of the software allows you to maintain a large database of your own or your sponsor hosted galleries and rotate
them on your pages. The galleries will remain in the database until you delete them, continuously rotating through your TGP pages.
The of the most important features of TGPX is the gallery scanner. If you are allowing gallery submissions from outside webmasters, the
scanner will check the gallery to make sure the URL is working and not forwarding surfers when it is submitted. It can also check the
number of thumbnails on the gallery, the download speed of the gallery, the size of the gallery content, and the number of external links
on the gallery. The banned HTML feature of the software allows you to define HTML that the scanner should look for and reject any galleries
if that HTML is found on them. Of course the scanner will also check for a reciprocal link and let you know if it is there.
Besides checking galleries when they are submitted, the gallery scanner can be run at any time to check some or all of the galleries in your
database. It will run all of the same checks that it did when the galleries were submitted, and will also be able to tell if galleries have
changed since they were submitted. A report will be generated telling you what the gallery scanner found, and you can also set it to automatically
delete or ban galleries that have started breaking your rules after their gallery was submitted.
Another great feature of the gallery scanner is the ability to have it automatically create thumbnails for your galleries. This is extremely
useful when you bulk import a large number of galleries; you can run the gallery scanner and have the software generate preview thumbnails for
those galleries in a matter of a couple hours.
TGPX Feature List
TGPX has all of the features you would expect in a standard TGP script. Below you will find a list of the major features
included with TGPX, however please don't consider this a complete list of features.
General Gallery Features
- Accept gallery submissions from other webmasters
- Close the gallery submission form at any time
- Allow only partners to submit galleries
- Create partner accounts to limit who can submit galleries
- Allow users to submit a request for a partner account
- Galleries scanned during submission to make sure they are working
- Galleries checked for the following during submission:
- Check if URL forwards or redirects surfers
- Count the number of thumbnails on the gallery
- Check for a reciprocal link to your site
- Check for blacklisted items
- Check the filesize of the gallery content
- Check the download speed from the gallery
- Check the number of links on the gallery
- Check for 2257 information displayed on the gallery page
- Verification codes can be used on the submission form to prevent spam submissions (GD required)
- Submitter can provide a preview thumbnail with their gallery submission in one of three ways:
- Upload an image from their computer
- Have TGPX automatically create a preview from their gallery (ImageMagick or GD required)
- Use the web-based cropping interface to create a preview thumbnail (ImageMagick or GD required)
- Optionally require that submitters confirm their submission through their e-mail address
- Limit the number of submissions each person can do per day
- Limit the length of the description that can be submitted
- Allow users to submit keywords with their galleries for searching purposes
- Ability to detect changes in the gallery HTML code after submission
- Each gallery can be assigned to a specific category
- Galleries can be assigned to multiple categories if they fit into more than one
- Galleries can have preview thumbnails
- Each gallery can have several different preview thumbnails each of a different size
- User defined database fields allow you to collect and store any additional information about galleries that you like
- Galleries can be set to Permanent so they can be kept in the database and rotated on your pages
- Galleries can be scanned at any time to make sure they are still working and following your rules
Powerful Control Panel
- Track the number of surfers that click on each of your gallery links
- Track raw or unique clicks
- Works with 99% of traffic trading scripts
- Sort your galleries by their productivity
- Great for creating a "hall of fame" for the most clicked galleries
- Manage all aspects of your TGP from the control panel
- Nearly all data is searchable and displayed paginated so you can locate items quickly
- Setup multiple control panel accounts so you can have others help you process galleries
- See a breakdown of your galleries by date, category, and status
- View statistics on the most clicked galleries, sponsors, and categories
- Manage all of your TGP pages and their templates
- Add new TGP pages at any time
- Galleries can be imported in bulk from a file so you can add large numbers of galleries to the database quickly
- Galleries can be imported from RSS feeds NEW IN 1.1.0
- Perform database backups
- Database backups can optionally contain the thumbnail preview images NEW IN 1.1.0
- Database backups can be automatically compressed into a .tar.gz file NEW IN 1.1.0
- Galleries can be exported from the database for use in third party programs or other TGPX installations NEW IN 1.1.0
- Check for new versions of the software
- Crop preview thumbnails for galleries using an advanced web-based interface
- Run the gallery scanner at any time to check the galleries in your database
- Add a single gallery, setting all of it's configuration options
- Quickly edit any of your gallery data using an advanced in-place-editing feature
- Quick tasks interface to perform search-and-replace queries on your galleries, TGP pages, and page templates
- View a history of page builds so you can see when your pages were last updated NEW IN 1.1.0
- View and manage the search terms that your surfers have entered NEW IN 1.1.0
- Setup accounts for submitters that you trust
- Each account can have it's own rules and set how many galleries can be submitted
- Partners can login to their account to view their current stats and galleries
- Partners can login to disable any galleries they submitted that should no longer be displayed
- Password reset system in case partner loses their password
- Users can submit requests for partner accounts which you can review
- User defined database fields allow you to collect and store any additional information about partners that you like
- Limit the categories to which each partner is allowed to submit galleries NEW IN 1.1.0
- Setup as many categories as you like
- Each category can have it's own settings
- Each category can be set to accept picture or movie galleries or both
- Each category can be configured with a default size for preview thumbnails
- Categories can be added automatically when bulk importing galleries
- Limit the file extensions allowed for picture or movie galleries
- Set the minimum and maximum number of thumbs that can appear on galleries in each category
- Set the meta description value to display on the category page NEW IN 1.1.0
- Set the meta keywords value to display on the category page NEW IN 1.1.0
Gallery Scanner (PHP CLI version required)
- Configure as many TGP pages as you like (within your server's hardware limits)
- Each TGP page can have it's own template so you can customize the design and galleries that are displayed
- Each TGP page can be configured to only display galleries from a specific category
- Each TGP page can be built individually from all others so you can limit your updates to specific pages
- Extremely powerful template system to allow nearly any design imaginable
- Template wizard to help you generate the code needed to display galleries on your pages
- All generated pages are static so they don't cause excessive load on your server
- You choose the name and file extension for all of your TGP pages
End User Search Engine
- Run the gallery scanner at any time to check up on the galleries in your database
- Make sure the galleries are still working
- Check if galleries have changed since they were submitted
- Automatically create preview thumbnails for your galleries (ImageMagick or GD required)
- Can be started through cron for automatic operation
- You select which galleries get scanned
- Can download preview thumbnails from remote servers
- Report of galleries breaking your rules will be generated
Remote Hosting of Thumbnails (requires PHP ftp extension and shell access on your server)
- Surfers will be able to search for galleries based on the description and keywords they have set
- Surfers can limit searches to a specific category NEW IN 1.1.0
- Surfers can limit searches to a specific gallery format (pictures or movies) NEW IN 1.1.0
- Search engine uses boolean mode search for powerful custom searches
- Caching system for common searches to reduce the load on your server
- Optionally track which search terms are entered NEW IN 1.1.0
- Display the most popular or most recently entered search terms on your TGP pages NEW IN 1.1.0
- Transfer thumbnail files to remote server using FTP connection
- Split the load of hosting TGP pages and thumbnails between two servers
- When used with cron, thumbnails will be automatically transferred at the times you specify
Integrated Ad Management/Rotation System NEW IN 1.1.0
- Place a link next to each gallery so your surfers can tell you if they are cheating
- Can be used for cheaters and broken links
- You can view and process all of the cheat reports through the control panel
- Easily delete and/or blacklist galleries that are reported
- Configure advertisements to display on your TGP pages
- Limit which categories advertisements can be displayed in
- Track the number of clicks your advertisements receive
- Advertisements can be rotated each time you build your TGP pages
- Create TGP pages for any sites hosted on the same server as the software installation
- Domain management interface allows you to configure the domains for which pages will be created NEW IN 1.1.0
- Each domain can be setup to only accept gallery submissions in the categories you specify NEW IN 1.1.0
- Galleries submitted from each domain can be automatically tagged; see where they came from and control where they are displayed NEW IN 1.1.0
- Limit domains to which each partner account can submit galleries NEW IN 1.1.0
- Setup separate gallery submission forms for each domain where TGP pages are being generated NEW IN 1.1.0
- Setup separate gallery search forms for each domain where TGP pages are being generated NEW IN 1.1.0
Copyright © 1998-2013 JMB Software, Inc.
All rights reserved